February 12, 2009

Finally starting with the blog!

It was almost a year ago that I registered this domain in order to record my journey from man to woman. Lazy as I am I've procrastinated and procrastinated. But now I've finally started! And I hope to write here on an, almost, daily basis.

So Who am I?

I was born back in 1949 in Stockholm, Sweden as a boy. Moved to Gothenburg when I was 8 and then back to Stockholm when I was 18. I have two lovely daughters born 1970 and 1972. I am currently singel.

As a child I didn't feel like I "was born in the wrong body". But I didn't participate in the usual "boy stuff" much. The sexual revolution and womens lib in the late sixties made me question the traditional gender values. But it wasn't untill the mid 90's that I begun to question my gender identity. And in 2005 I got a referal to the sex change clinic in Stockholm. After extensive talks and tests I finally got mu diagnosis in October 2008. I am now offically a transsexual person! :-)

We have an excellent health care system in Sweden and for me it means that I don't have to pay more than 900 Swedish kronor a year for medical care and not more than 1800 SEK for medicine. I also get 4000 SEK a year to spend on wigs for the rest of my life. As part of the medical care I also get facial hair removal.

I started HRT on november 18 2008. Cyproteron 2x50 mg each day one in the morning and one in the evening as an antiandrogen and Divigel (as the name implies a gel to put on the skin) 3x 1 mg, originally in the morning but now 2 in the morning and 1 at night.

I noticed a pain behind the niples after only one week on the meds and now have very small but defined breasts. My waist have also got more pronounced.

As for the final step - the operation- I hope to get it in the late spring or early summer. It depends in part on my quiting smoking.

Well that's all for this first installment.

C U soon
Caisa

No comments:

Post a Comment